A website can be a business card, online store, blog, anything you want it to be. It is what your visitors interact with on the Internet to find out more information about you.
This is how we help our friends set up their website, whether personal or business:
- Get a Domain name that represents You. Use GoDaddy's domain search service and find out whether your domain is used. If it is not, buy it before someone else gets their hands on it. For those who want a .com domain but isn't available, the .co domain extension is available (they are similar). If you are a Canadian entity and you want to get ranked higher on the search engines, use a .ca domain extension, as they will rank better on search engines such as Google.ca.
- Find a reputable Hosting Provider to makes sure your site experiences minimal downtime. We recommend using Host Gator for their ease of use, uptime, and large server space. As well, they provide top notch technical support service that will make sure uour questions are answered when you require an answer immediately.
- Sign up with WordPress and begin designing your website.
- Install WordPress using Fantastico in the backend (some call it cpanel) of your hosting account. This is a simple one click install.
- Install a Theme. WordPress has a number of themes to choose from that allow you to customize the look and feel you want for your website. Not only is WordPress easy to setup and install on most hosting providers, it is a platform even for the most non-tech-savvy users.
- Create pages, produce content, publish content, write a site map for easy navigation, and you have yourself a website!
- Now you have your own personalized branded website/blog!
If you require any assistance in setting up or configuring, we'd like to help you answer those questions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll have someone get back to you in a jiffy.
Want to save time and effort?
If you would like us to help you setup, design and optimize your website, visit our Website Development page and find out how we can help you save both time and money.