SEO Training Ottawa
**Are you new to my workshops? Take this quick survey: TAKE SURVEY
**EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION**: Save $25 on SEO Training if you sign up before 10PM on February 25th. Spaces are limited, sign up and guarantee your spot today!
Interested in getting greater visibility for your business or website(s)? Looking to polish your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills? This SEO course might be for you.
About the Instructor
My name is Jackson Lo and I am a consultant in the field of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Local SEO, Local Search Marketing and Google Analytics. I spend over 50 hours a week working on various website projects and optimizing their performance in Google search results. This gives me a breath of ‘current’ knowledge in the industry and allows me to provide my clients with the best recommendations possible in this fast-changing environment. As we all know, the world of search is constantly evolving. While that is true, there are fundamentals that don’t change; most of which you can start implementing on your own website and see results. In order to do SEO today, you MUST have a plan! Know too that SEO is a long-term strategy. The days of guaranteed rankings and ‘I’ll get you 1,000 links’ are over. If you’ve run into anyone telling you that they can get you #1 rankings in Google overnight, turn around and run! With updates like Panda and Penguin, search engines are cracking down on websites that still use old-school black-hat methods to game the system. Gaming the system might get you some quick results, but you run the risk of your website being penalized, and in some cases, removed from the search results completely (see a case where this has happened) So who wants to learn how to do SEO the right way (the white-hat way)? I now offer an in-person training program; group (6-10 persons) or one-on-one.
Upcoming group training: Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EST)
Some background about my group training courses:
Who should take this SEO Training?
- Small business owners
- Startups and entrepreneurs
- In-house marketing specialists
- Beginner and Intermediate SEOs
- Webmasters and programmers
What will you learn?
The course will teach you the basics of SEO, and some intermediate material. The topics covered are:
- Basics of what is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how it works
- Why dominating organic search engine results is important to your business
- How SEO will spearhead your business online
- What makes a website SEO-friendly
- “Blackhat” SEO tactics that you should avoid
- Search engine ranking factors and their importance
- Keyword research / keyword analysis – understanding search demand and where to find that source of data
Some intermediate stuff that will be covered as well:
- Laying down the basics of Technical SEO (robots.txt, sitemaps, canonical links)
- On page optimization (title tag, meta description, headings, image optimization)
- Optimizing your page content for SEO
- Understanding what links are (internal links and external links)
- Why links are important and how do you get links
- Introduction to Social & SEO
What every student will receive
- A better understanding of how SEO works and how it could apply to your business
- Actionable tips that you can bring to the office the next day and immediately start planning for changes to your website
- Course material (Copy of the slides will be printed out and handed in the classroom)
What you will need to (should) bring
- Pen or pencil for jotting down notes on your printed set of slides
- Your brain!
Maximum Attendees: 10 (Seats will be limited to 10 (so hurry and reserve your seat today!). A group of 10 is an ideal size of class for this type of training to allow for more question and answer periods as we’re going through the material. Let this training be about you.)
Cost: $150 per person (early bird registration will end on February 25th at 10PM, reserve today and save $25 on your course!)
So what are you waiting for? Head over and reserve your seat today!
Past Attendee Testimonials
“Thanks for the file, and the course. Really loved it and got a LOT out of it, great job! :)” – Barb, Technical Writer in Ottawa
— Katie Fillion (@ninethreeseven) February 14, 2014
If you have any questions concerning the course material, location, time, registrations etc., please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (Email Jackson Lo).
One-on-One Training / Corporate Training
If you are interested in One-on-One coaching or Corporate Training for your business, I offer that onsite at your location as well. For these types of training, materials will be prepared custom to tailor your needs and requirements. Ample time must be given for the preparation of these workshops. Pricing can be obtained by emailing me (Email Jackson Lo) or contacting me through my contact form.